Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-11-20 Origin: Site
Lithium iron phosphate batteries and lithium manganate, lithium cobaltate, lithium ternary batteries are the same branch of lithium-ion batteries, its performance is mainly applicable to power applications, which is then called lithium iron phosphate power batteries, also known as lithium-iron batteries. Therefore, the advantage of lithium iron phosphate battery mainly refers to its comparison with other batteries in power applications. In this sense, it will mainly compare its relative advantages with ternary lithium batteries and lead-acid batteries.
First, the advantage of high-temperature resistance compared with ternary lithium batteries. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have better high-temperature performance, can withstand 350°C ~ 500°C, while lithium manganate / lithium cobaltate is usually only about 200°C, modified ternary lithium battery materials will also be roughly at 200°C decomposition.
Second, the three among the "elders" - the absolute advantage of long life. Lithium iron phosphate batteries than lead-acid batteries and ternary lithium batteries have a long cycle life. Lead-acid batteries in the "long life" is only about 300 times, up to 500 times; ternary lithium batteries theoretically up to 2000 times, the actual application to about 1000 times the capacity will decay to 60%; and lithium iron phosphate battery real life that 2000 times, when there is still 95% of the capacity, the concept of cycle life more Reach more than 3000 times.
Third, compared with lead-acid batteries have many advantages.
1. Large capacity. Monomer can be made into 5Ah ~ 1000Ah (1Ah = 1000mAh), while the lead-acid battery 2V monomer is usually 100Ah ~ 150Ah, a small change range.
2. Light weight. The same capacity of lithium iron phosphate battery volume is 2/3 of the volume of lead-acid batteries, the weight of the latter is 1/3.
3. Fast charging capability. Lithium iron phosphate battery start current up to 2C, to achieve a large rate of charging; lead-acid battery current is generally required to be between 0.1C ~ 0.2C, can not reach fast charging performance.
4. Environmental protection. Lead-acid batteries exist in large quantities of heavy metals - lead, producing waste liquid, while lithium iron phosphate batteries do not contain any heavy metals, no pollution in the production and use.
5. High cost performance. Although lead-acid batteries due to its cheap materials, the acquisition cost is lower than lithium iron phosphate batteries, but in the service life and routine maintenance of the economy is lower than lithium iron phosphate batteries. Practical application results show that: lithium iron phosphate battery is more than four times the cost performance of lead-acid batteries.
Lithium iron phosphate battery applications are certainly mainly in the power and energy storage direction, but in theory can also be extended to more areas, which is determined by the various advantages shown in the above comparison, if the energy density and discharge rate and other aspects of some enhancements, into the traditional applications of other type